I have always been a football fan in general. In general to a die hard fan is the equivalent of kissing your sister—it’s lame, gross, unnatural. Any die hard fan will tell you, that you need to form an alliance and be willing to stick to it, no matter what the outcomes of the season are. The only fans that are ridiculed more than in general fans are those who switch alliances. Switching teams is like cheating on your spouse—it’s spineless, despicable, and disloyal.
In the beginning of our relationship when we started discussing our “teams,” my boyfriend was extremely honest with me very early in the conversation. “I love the Chicago Bears,” he told me. “I have only loved the Chicago Bears.” I knew instantly that asking him to leave his wife or deny or memory would be a huge misstep. I would be just as bad as Yoko Ono was with the Beatles—who needs that pressure? NOT ME! As the mistress of a die hard Bears fan, my needs are fulfilled—I get the attention and love that makes me feel important, but there was always this nagging desire to be more than just the mistress—how can I really be the main lady in this situation?
I will form an alliance.
I am willing to give up my wishy washy in general ways and become an expert fan the The Decatur Staleys, Chicago Staleys…The Chicago Bears. Ask any true sports fan and they can appreciate the significance of a historic team. I will learn about what made my man love this relationship he called the Bears.




No comments:
Post a Comment