I started attending a Crossfit box in June and I have fallen in love all over again! I mean it must be love when I am waking up at 430 am almost every morning, driving 40 minutes across town to work out and then driving 40 minutes home! Luckily the box is relatively close to my job so it's a lot more convenient to train there before work than if I stayed over at home :). I have already noticed a huge difference in my energy and some slight differences in my body....all good things!!
This weekend I started the last Paleo Challenge of 2011. Paleo is a lifestyle (diet) based on humans in the Paleolithic era where humans had to hunt and gather their food and luckily didn't have temptations like processed foods, sugary sweets and deep fried goodness! The diet is comprised of meat, fish, eggs, veggies, fruits and nuts....and it stays away from grains (including corn and rice), dairy, and legumes. Lots and lots of options to keep you healthy and happy. I have suffered from digestive issues my entire life that were always chalked up as "stress" or unknown illnesses. I have been about 70% Paleo for almost a month and my stomach problems have almost gone away! Take that health care industry! In addition I have given up diet coke (all soda).... Diet coke has been my crack for a very long time....almost 20 years and I am sure eliminating that from my diet has helped my health!
So what am I eating and why am I doing this? First and foremost I want to feel great....I want to wake up each morning and not stress about the possibility that I will have stomach problems at work or during something fun. Paired with the intense training that Crossfit is, I am excited to feel stronger and stronger every day! I love the seeing my lifts and speed increase and to be able to RX workouts that I previously had to scale.
This weekend I participated in a baseline workout for fight Gone Bad 6 (a workout to raise money for Wounded Warriors and other Crossfit charities). It was the first workout I have RX!! It is a 27 minute workout consisting of 3 rounds of 5 exercising for 1 minute each followed by a one minute break in between each round. Each round consists of: a 20lbs wall ball round, sumo dead lifts, box jumps, push presses and a row. During each exercise you count how many reps you can get in a minute (or how many calories you can row in1 minute). Your score is your total number of points at the end. I was really excited to tally 198 points! Shooting for 220 in 7 weeks!
Tonight I made smoked ribs for dinner and foolishly forgot to buy the ingredients for Paleo Approved BBQ sauce! Chad enjoyed the ribs while I grilled some chicken breasts for myself :). I also made egg and veggie muffins for breakfast this week. They should be great in the am after my workout and on the way to work!




No comments:
Post a Comment